With the new "three-week statewide pause" for Michigan going into effect on Wednesday, November 18th, 2020, Urban Wick Candle Bar wanted to take this time to re-state the serious consideration we have taken in establishing procedures to provide you with the safest experience possible when you visit us.
From when you first walk in and visit the hand sanitizing station to the moment you take your seat at our socially-distanced 60' candle bar, we are working hard to keep you safe. We are committed to putting in the extra effort to offer you not only an enjoyable candle pouring experience but one that adheres and exceeds all health and safety guidelines.
- Our team members go through a health screening (temperature check, signs of illness) prior to starting every shift. If they are not feeling well, are exhibiting any symptoms, or have a temperature they will return home until they are symptom and fever-free.
- UPDATE 6/22/21: Employees and guests are invited to mask to their comfort level, per the lifting of mask and capacity restrictions in the state of Michigan. Prior to this order, all team members were required to wear masks per guidelines at the time.
CLEANING & IN-STORE SAFETY MEASURES
- We use a Medify medical-grade air filtration unit to improve the air quality of our store. The H13 HEPA filtration removes 99.97% of airborne particles, including bacteria and viruses.
- Daily disinfecting with hypochlorous acid disinfectant fogger at the end of each business day This process aerosolizes all surfaces including the HVAC system.
- Customers are asked to stop at our hand sanitizing station prior to starting their candle experience.
- We are using approved disinfectant wipes to clean surface areas that are frequently used. These surfaces include the following doorknobs (inside and outside), wall candles, clipboards, ink pens, bar top, bathrooms (faucet, handles, light switch, seat), pin pads, stylus pens, and all other in-store surfaces are being disinfected hourly.
In combating COVID-19, it is extremely important that we all stay mindful of any symptoms of feeling ill. This includes fevers, chills, and/or any flu-like symptoms. If you are feeling under the weather, we ask that you please stay home. We prefer you to come to visit us when you can fully enjoy the candle making experience.
We are proud to be a part of the Birmingham Shopping District, safely working together during this challenging time. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in our area and remain committed to the adherence of all recommended health and safety guidelines published by the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).