The Candle Bar Experience
Pour Your Candle Anytime
At Urban Wick Candle Bar, we are always ready to help you create your custom candle. There is no need to call ahead of time as walk-ins are welcome, just visit our store in Downtown Birmingham, Michigan during our business hours. It really is that easy. We do request that groups of five or more make a reservation, so that we can provide the best service possible. Click here to make a reservation.
*Purchase our pre-made natural soy candles off the shelf OR Create your own*
Let's Get To It!
Step 1: Choose Your Favorite Scents
Grab a clipboard, stop at our Scent Wall, and let your nose (or our team) guide you. Smell as many scents as you'd like and use the provided scent card to create a list of your favorites.
Step 2: Select A Candle Vessel or Product
Choose a vessel that suits your style and budget. Candles and products vary in size and range from $30-$50. From classic standard jars to novelty. If candles aren't your thing, we also have reed diffusers, hand soaps, wax tarts or room sprays.
Step 3: Create Your Blend
Take a seat at the candle bar and a Scent Designer will help guide you in selecting 3 to 4 scents to blend together. This is where the magic happens and you begin the process of creating a one of a kind, unique to you scent.
Pour Your Candle
If you are new to our store, our custom hand-poured candle experience and process takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes from the time you walk into Urban Wick Candle Bar until you finish pouring your candle. The candles take 90-120 minutes to set.
In the meantime, we encourage you to check out some of our neighboring businesses for shopping, or grabbing a drink and a bite to eat around Downtown Birmingham.
Please note, if you want to take your candles home on the same day, we kindly ask that you arrive to pour your candles at least two hours before we close, so that we can ensure your candles are ready the same day. If not, no problem, next day pick up is an option.
Once you complete the process you are an official custom scent maker and have a completely unique candle and scent that exists nowhere else in the world!
For Additional Information on our products please click the link below:
Caring For Your Candle
- Trim your wick to 1/4” BEFORE each lighting.
- Allow the melted wax pool to reach the edges of your container before extinguishing, to prevent wax from building along the sides & tunneling.
- We recommend burning your candle for 3 hours at a time, 4-hour max.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended, keep your candle away from drafts, high traffic areas, or within reach of small children or pets.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, allow the wax to cool completely before handling.
- Always re-center your wick after extinguishing flame.
- Do not burn if there are any cracks in your jar.