Below is a list of commonly asked questions about Urban Wick Candle Bar. If you do not see what you are looking for just shoot us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at (248) 977-8432. We’re here for you!
1. How much does it cost to make something?
It depends on the product and container you choose. Pricing starts at $30.00 and up.
2. What are your candles made of?
We use natural soy wax, natural derived fragrance oil, and cotton wicks. This combo gives the cleanest burn without putting harmful chemicals in the air. Although, even with the cleanest burning materials a little soot can't be avoided.
3. How long does it take for my candle to be ready?
From choosing your scents to blending your recipe to the final candle pour you can plan on 30-45 minutes. After the pour, the candle needs time to cool. It will be ready for pick up in 90-120 minutes depending on the size of the candle jar you've chosen.
4. Can I make the scent stronger? Will it be stronger when I burn it?
Unfortunately, no we can't make the scent stronger. There is a bit of science that goes into this. Adding more fragrance oil compromises the integrity of the wax and how well the candle burns. Our candles may not have a strong scent when you pop open the lid, they throw the most scent when they are burning, which is exactly what we want.
5. Can I bring my own container?
We’re sorry, no. We cannot confirm the safety of the container or how well it handles heat, we do not want to take any risks when it comes to your safety.
6. I've finally used up my jar that I bought from you. Can I bring it back and reuse it?
No, although we will recycle it. We will be more than happy to give you a 10% discount on a new one when you bring your old one back.
7. My candle is creating soot. Is this normal?
Yes, a little soot is pretty common with burning anything. However, if you notice a lot or see smoke please remember the following candle care:
- Trim your wick to ¼” BEFORE each lighting
- Keep your candle away from drafts. Drafts will make your candle burn faster and create more smoke.
- Burn your candle for 3 hours at a time, 4-hour max. Longer burn times will make your candle burn hotter and faster.
8. I love candles but I'm not allowed to have candles where I live or work. Do you have any other options?
We sure do! In addition to candles, we offer, reed diffusers, and room sprays.
9. Do I need to make a reservation to come in?
No, just come in whenever you like. Although, we ask that you call ahead for groups of 5 or more. This allows us to make sure we are well staffed to ensure your group gets the attention they deserve. Just complete our booking form here or give us a call at (248) 977-8432 to make a reservation.
10. Can I have a birthday celebration or other event here?
Yes, we love celebrations! Just complete our booking form here or give us a call at (248) 977-8432, so we can go over all the details of your event to make it a fun filled experience.
11. What Are Your Covid/Coronavirus Precautions?
We are taking the current health situation very seriously. Learn more here about our safety measures.