Below is a list of commonly asked questions about Urban Wick Candle Bar. If you do not see what you are looking for just shoot us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at (248) 977-8432. We’re here for you!
Does the reservation fee I paid online go towards my purchase?
Yes, the reservation fee reserves your spot. The fee will be applied towards your purchase at check out. Although, open seats within your reservation, no shows, and cancelations without a 48-hour notice will not be credited or refunded.
What is the duration time of a reservation?
Reservations are for one hour, beginning at the scheduled reservation time, not your actual arrival time. Arriving late cuts into your one hour time slot. Late arrivals may be limited to the amount of candles and/or products they can make. We allow a 10 minute grace period, guests arriving past the 10 minute grace period may have to forfeit their seat and reservation fee, no refund or store credit will be given.
How much does it cost to make something?
Pricing varies depending on the product and/or vessel chosen for your pour. Our candle vessels come in various styles and range in size from 6oz - 20oz. Candles are priced at $38 and up. Additional items such as wax tarts, reed diffusers, hand soaps, lotions, and room sprays start at $25. If you have any questions about pricing on specific vessels or products, please call our store at (248) 977-8432 and we'd be happy to help.
What are your candles made of?
We use natural soy wax, premium fragrance oils, and cotton wicks. This combo gives the cleanest burn without putting harmful chemicals in the air. Although, even with the cleanest burning materials a little soot can't be avoided.
How long does it take for my candle to be ready?
From choosing your scents to blending your oils, to the final candle pour you can plan on being with us for 45 - 60 minutes. After the pour, the candle needs time to set. It will be ready for pick up in approx.120 minutes depending on the size of the candle jar you've chosen.
How long do you hang onto our candle?
We ask that you please come back to pick up your candle within 10 days. After that your creation will be donated to a local charity event or sold and the proceeds will go to a charity of our choice.
Can I make the scent stronger? Will it be stronger when I burn it?
Unfortunately, no we can't make the scent stronger. There is a bit of science that goes into this. Adding more fragrance oil compromises the integrity of the wax and how well the candle burns. Our candles may not have a strong scent when they are not lit (cold throw), they throw the most scent when they are burning (hot throw), which is exactly what we want. Allowing your candle to cure for two weeks before lighting will give off the best scent throw. If you can't wait, no worries it will still smell great!
Can I bring my own container?
We’re sorry, no. We cannot confirm the safety of the container or how well it handles heat, we do not want to take any risks when it comes to your safety.
I've enjoyed my candle to the last ounce of wax. Can I bring it back and reuse it?
The majority of our standard vessels cannot be reused. However, most of our novelty vessels can be reused!
My candle is creating soot. Is this normal?
Yes, a little soot is pretty common with burning anything. However, if you notice a lot or see smoke please remember the following candle care:
- Trim your wick to 1/4" BEFORE each lighting.
- Keep your candle away from drafts. Drafts and ceiling fans will make your candle burn faster and create more smoke.
- Burn your candle for 3 hours at a time, 4-hour max. Longer burn times will make your candle burn hotter and faster.
- The interior of the glass has never been cleaned - In this case, the accumulated soot from previous burnings falls into the wax and heats up. This blend of soot and wax creates black smoke. It is therefore recommended that you regularly clean your candle with a rag and alcohol-free cleaner (never use an alcohol-based product to clean your candle.)
- To avoid the risk of your vessel shattering, stop burning your candle when there is 1/4" inch of wax remaining.
I love candles but I'm not allowed to have candles where I live or work. Do you have any other options?
We sure do! In addition to candles, we offer, reed diffusers, room sprays and wax melts.
Do I need to make a reservation to come in?
Yes, reservations are strongly encouraged for groups of ALL sizes. Please note: Walk-ins are seated by chance! If seats are available, walk-ins will be taken on a first come first served basis. However, there may be a wait depending on the day and time. To avoid disappointment, please make a reservation.
The largest group bookable is eight (8) guests.
Why we limit group reservations to 8 guests:
- Limiting group size helps us maintain excellent customer attention and customer service for each guest.
- Based on our current square footage and team size, we can comfortably serve groups of eight (8) or fewer.
- Groups over eight (8) take up a good portion of our candle bar, limiting the number of additional walk-in guests and smaller groups we can serve.
- Groups over eight (8) have difficulty coordinating everyone’s arrival time. Half the group is often 30 minutes late, delaying the next group of guest reservations and creating logistical and customer service issues for our team.
- We do not close our store during regular business hours to accommodate larger private gatherings. If you have a group larger than eight guests, you may be interested in hosting a private event during our off hours. .
- Our private event space rental fee is $400 and does not include any products.
- Your group will have our team’s undivided attention for 3 hours.
- Your guests will have plenty of time to create their scented products while visiting and enjoying each other's company.
- You may bring in food and drinks.
- Minimum purchase per guest is $25.
- Please call the store to discuss availability and your event details.
Why make a reservation?
Reservations reserve your seats and allows us to make sure we are well staffed to ensure your group gets the attention they deserve. Reservations can be made online. Walk-ins are seated by chance! To avoid disappointment, please make a reservation.
Can I have a birthday celebration or other event here?
Yes, we love celebrations! Please give us a call at (248) 977-8432 so we can go over all the details of your event to make it a fun filled experience.