At Urban Wick Candle Bar, ensuring our customers' health and safety is our top priority. In order to do this, we are adhering to health and safety guidelines published by the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in our area and have taken the following steps for your safety and wellness.
- Our team members go through a health screening (temperature check, signs of illness) prior to starting every shift. If they are not feeling well, are exhibiting any symptoms, or have a temperature they will return home until they are symptom and fever-free.
- All team members will be required to wear masks.
CLEANING & IN-STORE SAFETY MEASURES
- We use a Medify medical-grade air filtration unit to improve the air quality of our store. The H13 HEPA filtration removes 99.97% of airborne particles, including bacteria and viruses.
- Customers are asked to stop at our hand sanitizing station prior to starting their candle experience.
- We are using approved disinfectant wipes to clean surface areas that are frequently used. These surfaces include the following doorknobs (inside and outside), wall candles, clipboards, ink pens, bar top, bathrooms (faucet, handles, light switch, seat), pin pads, stylus pens, and all other in-store surfaces are being disinfected hourly.
- The entire store will be disinfected weekly using a hypochlorous acid disinfectant fogger. This process aerosolizes all surfaces including the HVAC system.
- In combating COVID-19, it is extremely important that we all stay mindful of any symptoms of feeling ill. This includes fevers, chills, and/or any flu-like symptoms. If you are feeling under the weather, we ask that you please stay home. We prefer you to come to visit us when you can fully enjoy the candle making experience.
We are proud to be a part of the Birmingham Shopping District, safely working together during this challenging time. We are excited to welcome you to Urban Wick Candle Bar!